The Church of the Village
The Church of the Village is a place of healing, hope, and justice for those seeking spiritual connection. Located in the heart of New York City, this progressive Christian community seeks to be a beacon of light in an ever-changing world. We welcome people from all walks of life and all backgrounds, believing that God calls us to practice love and justice for the transformation of the world.
At The Church of the Village, we are committed to dismantling racism through education and action and seek to build a more equitable society. As followers of Jesus, we strive to offer radical hospitality—celebrating diversity while never compromising our core values or beliefs. We affirm LGBTQIA+ individuals and families, offering them a safe space in which they can explore their spirituality free from judgment or alienation.
services they provide:
The Church of the Village offers a variety of services,
- Traditional Sunday worship to other special events and programs.
- weekly Bible studies, music workshops, healing circles, art classes, film screenings, and seminars.
- spiritual direction and counseling, providing a safe space to explore deeper questions of faith.
- offers community engagement initiatives such as volunteer opportunities, workshops on social justice topics, interfaith dialogues, and more.
- support groups for those dealing with addiction or loss and mental health care services.
At The Church of the Village we believe that faith should be lived out through loving service to others—whether it’s within our church walls or out in our greater community. This commitment has led us to partner with numerous community organizations in order fight poverty and injustice both locally and globally. No matter what your spiritual journey looks like–we invite you come join us at The Church of the Village! We strive to create a place where everyone is welcomed as a beloved child of God!