Hoosier Hills Food Bank
(Providing Nourishment and Fighting Hunger in South Central Indiana)
The Hoosier Hills Food Bank is a notable charitable organisation that works to alleviate the lack of access to adequate nutrition that exists in South Central Indiana. The food bank, which has the aim to give sustenance and combat hunger, plays an important part in the process of delivering food to those who are in need of it. The goal and actions of the Hoosier Hills Food Bank will be discussed in this article, as well as the influence those efforts have had on the local community.
I. The Hoosier Hills Food Bank’s Mission and Reach
- Yearly Distribution of More Than Four Million Pounds of Food
- Provision of Services to More Than One Hundred Partner Non-Profits in the Local Community
II. combating Hunger in South Central Indiana
- Distribution Efforts in a Service Region Included of Six Counties
- Providing Assistance to Those Who Are Struggling to Meet Their Food Needs in the HHFB Service Region
- Initiatives Conducted in Partnership with National Organizations
III. Impact and Accomplishments
- Exceeding 7 Million Pounds of Food Delivered in 2020
- A 39 Percent Increase in Distribution Compared to 2019
- The Community Receiving the Meal Equivalent of Nearly 23,000 Meals
- Fighting Food Waste and Promoting Sustainability
- Strategies to Reduce and Eliminate Food Waste
- Increasing the Availability of Food Resources
Food insecurity is a serious problem in South Central Indiana, and the Hoosier Hills Food Bank is doing all it can to battle this problem and ensure that people who are in need of sustenance are not neglected.
The food bank has a tremendous influence on the lives of people and families who are struggling with hunger because to the wide distribution network they maintain and the collaborative efforts they undertake with partner organisations.
Because of their unwavering commitment to minimizing food waste and emphasizing the importance of sustainable practices, they make certain that the community has access to an increased quantity of food resources.
The achievements of organization, such as the distribution of more than 7 million pounds of food in 2020, are evidence of the organization’s dedication to reducing levels of hunger in the community. While they go on with their important job, the food bank offers as an illustrative example for tackling food poverty and developing a community that is better fed and better able to withstand adversity.
Social Media Links:
Contact Us to get or offer help!
- Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday Day Off
- Sunday Day Off