Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast North Carolina
Addressing Hunger with Compassion and Collaboration
Food Bank of Southeast North Carolina is a prominent hunger relief organization dedicated to providing equitable access to healthy food in the region. With a mission to combat hunger, especially among children, they offer various services, accept donations, and welcome volunteers to join their cause.
Vision and Mission:
At Second Harvest Food Bank, our vision is to create a future where no one in Southeast North Carolina goes hungry. We strive to achieve this by partnering with local communities, businesses, and individuals to distribute nutritious food to those in need. Our mission is to ensure that everyone has access to sufficient, healthy food while fostering a sense of community and empowering individuals to overcome food insecurity.
All Services Offered:
- Food Distribution: Second Harvest Food Bank operates numerous distribution centers across the region, serving over 200 hunger-relief agencies and programs. These include various food distribution programs for people of all ages.
- TEFAP Distributions: The organization administers TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program) distributions to member agencies in Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson, and Sampson counties.
Become a Volunteer:
Second Harvest Food Bank welcomes individuals who are passionate about fighting hunger to become volunteers. By donating your time, you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of those facing food insecurity. To learn more about volunteer opportunities and how to get involved, visit their website and explore the “Get Involved” section.
To support Second Harvest Food Bank’s mission, you can make donations in various ways:
- Monetary Donations: Your financial contributions enable the organization to purchase and distribute nutritious food to those in need. Visit their website to make a secure online donation.
- Food Donations: Donating non-perishable food items is another valuable way to contribute. The bank accepts food donations from individuals, businesses, and organizations. Contact them directly to learn about the types of food they accept and where to drop off your donations.
To stay informed about Second Harvest Food Bank’s initiatives, upcoming events, and the impact they’re making, you can subscribe to their newsletter. By subscribing, you’ll receive regular updates on their programs, volunteer opportunities, and ways to contribute to their cause.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast North Carolina is an essential organization dedicated to alleviating hunger in the region. Through their collaborative efforts, they ensure that individuals and families have access to nutritious food and the support they need to overcome food insecurity. By becoming a volunteer or making donations, you can join their mission to create a hunger-free community. Together, we can make a lasting impact on the lives of those in need.
Address: 406 Deep Creek Rd Fayetteville, NC 28312
Phone: +1 910-485-6923
Social Media Links:
Contact Us to get or offer help!
- Monday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Day Off
- Sunday Day Off