Food Bank of the Albemarle
Fighting Hunger in the Albemarle Region
The Food Bank of the Albemarle is a prominent organization dedicated to addressing hunger in the Albemarle region. This article will provide an overview of the organization’s vision, mission, services, volunteer opportunities, and ways to make donations.
Vision and Mission
The Food Bank of the Albemarle envisions a community where everyone has access to nutritious food. Their mission is to fight hunger and poverty by partnering with the community and other organizations to provide food and resources to those in need.
The bank offers a range of services to combat hunger and provide food assistance:
- Food Pantry: The organization operates the Albemarle Food Pantry, and provids various food products to individuals and families in need. They serve multiple counties in the Albemarle region.
- Facility Expansion: The Food Bank is currently undergoing a facility expansion project. This expansion includes the addition of a new freezer and cooler, more warehouse space, a teaching kitchen, climate-controlled volunteer space, and an enhanced on-site food pantry. These improvements will enable the organization to better serve the community and provide more resources to those in need.
Become a Volunteer
The Food Bank of the Albemarle recognizes the crucial role that volunteers play in their mission to fight hunger. Individuals can contribute their time and skills by volunteering at the food pantry, assisting with food drives, or participating in other volunteer activities. By becoming a volunteer, individuals can make a meaningful impact on reducing hunger in the Albemarle region. For more information on volunteer opportunities, individuals can visit the organization’s website.
Donations are vital in supporting the Food Bank of the Albemarle’s efforts to combat hunger. There are various ways to make donations:
- Food Donations: Individuals and organizations can donate various food products to the organization. These donations help ensure a steady supply of nutritious food for those in need.
- Financial Donations: Monetary contributions are also greatly appreciated. Financial donations enable the organization to purchase food in bulk and cover operational expenses, allowing them to reach more individuals and families facing food insecurity.
By supporting the Food Bank of the Albemarle through donations and volunteering, individuals can contribute to the fight against hunger in the Albemarle region.
Address: 109 Tidewater Way Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Social Media Links:
Contact Us to get or offer help!
- Monday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday Day Off
- Sunday Day Off