New Hampshire Food Bank
Fighting Hunger and Empowering Communities
The New Hampshire Food Bank is dedicated to providing nutritious food and resources to food-insecure residents. By collaborating with over 400 partner agencies, the New Hampshire Food Bank distributes millions of pounds of food each year to various organizations. With a focus on addressing the root causes of hunger, the organization aims to empower individuals and improve their quality of life.
Vision and Mission
The New Hampshire Food Bank envisions a state where no one goes hungry. Their mission is to provide nutritious meals to individuals and families facing food insecurity, while also implementing programs that address the underlying causes of hunger. Through their efforts, they strive to create a community where everyone has access to adequate food and the resources needed for self-sufficiency.
The New Hampshire Food Bank offers a range of services and programs to combat hunger and support communities. Some key initiatives include:
- Food Distribution: The food bank operates as the central hub for food distribution in the state, supplying partner agencies with nutritious food and resources to meet the needs of their communities.
- Mobile Food Pantries: They conduct drive-thru mobile food pantries in various locations across the state. These pantries provide fresh produce and shelf-stable food items to individuals and families in need on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Culinary Job Training: The organization offers culinary job training programs to equip individuals with valuable skills and improve their employment prospects in the food industry.
- Nutrition Education: The New Hampshire Food Bank provides nutrition education programs to promote healthy eating habits and empower individuals to make informed food choices.
- SNAP Outreach: The organization engages in outreach efforts to connect eligible individuals with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, ensuring they have access to essential food resources.
These services and programs reflect the New Hampshire Food Bank’s commitment to addressing both immediate hunger needs and the underlying causes of food insecurity.
Become a Volunteer
Individuals who wish to make a difference in the fight against hunger can get involved by becoming volunteers. The New Hampshire Food Bank relies on the support and dedication of volunteers to assist with various activities, such as food sorting, packaging, and distribution. By volunteering, individuals contribute to the organization’s mission of providing nutritious meals to those in need.
Donations play a vital role in sustaining the New Hampshire Food Bank’s operations and supporting their programs. Those interested in contributing can make secure online donations through the organization’s website or contact them via phone for credit card donations. Alternatively, donations can be mailed to the New Hampshire Food Bank’s address in Manchester.
The New Hampshire Food Bank, in partnership with Catholic Charities New Hampshire, is making a significant impact in the fight against hunger in the state. Through their comprehensive services, including food distribution, mobile food pantries, job training, and nutrition education, they are addressing food insecurity effected individuals and look for permanent solutions. With the support of volunteers and generous donations, the New Hampshire Food Bank is empowering communities and striving to create a future free from hunger. To learn more about their programs, volunteer opportunities, or how to contribute, visit their website or contact them directly.
Address: 700 East Industrial Park Drive,
Manchester, NH 03109
Social Media Links:
Contact Us to get or offer help!
- Monday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Saturday Day Off
- Sunday Open all day