South Plains Food Bank
Combating Hunger, Providing Hope, and Improving Lives
South Plains Food Bank is a dedicated organization that strives to combat hunger, provide hope, and improve the lives of individuals in need. By engaging in volunteer work, donating food, or making financial contributions, individuals can actively contribute to the mission of the organization and make a positive impact on the community.
Vision and Mission
The vision of South Plains Food Bank is to create a hunger-free community where every individual has access to healthy food and the opportunity for a good and healthy life. Their mission is to alleviate hunger and provide hope by efficiently distributing food and other essential resources to those in need.
South Plains Food Bank offers a range of services to address hunger and support the Community :
- Summer Feeding Program: The organization operates this program with the objective of ensuring that children continue to have access to wholesome meals throughout the summer months when their regular school meal programs are not in session.
- Volunteer Opportunities: The Food Bank relies on volunteers to carry out its mission. By volunteering, individuals can contribute their time and skills to various aspects of the organization’s operations, such as food sorting, distribution, and community outreach.
- Nutrition and Wellness Programs: The organization offers nutrition classes, cooking demonstrations, food budgeting classes, and diabetic management classes in collaboration with the SNAP program. These programs aim to educate families about healthy eating habits, managing health concerns, and reducing health risks associated with poor nutrition.
- Planned Giving: South Plains Food Bank welcomes planned gifts of any size to assist in their ongoing efforts to alleviate hunger and provide hope. By including the organization in estate and financial plans, individuals can make a lasting impact on the community.
- Partner Agencies: South Plains Food Bank collaborates with over 200 agencies across the region to provide food to those in need. The organization’s farm and orchard supply fresh produce to these partner agencies, ensuring access to nutritious options.
Become a Volunteer
Individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the fight against hunger can become volunteers at the Food Bank. To learn more about volunteer opportunities and how to get involved, visit their website or contact them directly.
Donations are crucial in sustaining South Plains Food Bank’s efforts to combat hunger and provide hope to the community. Whether donating food or making a financial contribution, every act of generosity makes a difference. To make a donation and support their cause, visit their official website and follow the provided instructions.
South Plains Food Bank is a committed organization that are putting their efforts tirelessly to combat food insecurity, provide hope, and improve the lives of individuals in the community. Through their summer feeding program, volunteer opportunities, donation initiatives, nutrition and wellness programs, planned giving options, and collaboration with partner agencies, they are making a significant impact in addressing food insecurity and promoting overall well-being. By getting involved as a volunteer or making a donation, individuals can contribute to creating a hunger-free community and making a positive difference in the lives of those in need.
Address: 5605 M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Lubbock, TX 79404, United States
Contact Us to get or offer help!
- Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Saturday Day Off
- Sunday Day Off