Southeast Texas Food Bank
Alleviating Hunger, Nurturing Communities
Southeast Texas Food Bank is a compassionate organization dedicated to addressing chronic hunger in Southeast Texas. In this article, we will explore the organization’s vision, mission, volunteer opportunities, donation options, and the various services they provide to combat food insecurity in the region.
Vision and Mission
The Southeast Texas Food Bank envisions a future where hunger is eradicated from the communities they serve. Their mission is to lead the fight against hunger by partnering with non-profit agencies and schools, ensuring that everyone has access to nutritious food. They strive to alleviate the effects of chronic hunger that impact a significant portion of the population, including vulnerable groups such as children and the elderly.
They provide assistance in locating nearby food pantries and emergency food sources in the eight counties of Southeast Texas. Through their various programs, they aim to combat hunger and poverty in the region.
- Backpack Program: This initiative delivers nutritious meals to children in rural areas, addressing malnutrition and developmental delays.
- Mobile Pantry Program: The Food Bank brings food directly to underserved neighborhoods, improving access to fresh produce and other essential items.
- Nutrition Education Classes: The organization conducts classes in schools to promote healthy eating habits among children, empowering them to make nutritious choices.
- Retail Store Pickup Program: The Food Bank collects surplus food from participating grocers, ensuring it reaches low-income residents, reducing waste, and providing essential sustenance.
- School Tools Program: This program supplies school materials to low-income students, supporting their educational journey and removing barriers to success.
- Texas Second Chance Program: In collaboration with inmate volunteers from the Larry Gist State Jail, the Food Bank engages in distribution operations, offering incarcerated individuals a chance to contribute positively to their community.
Become a Volunteer
The Southeast Texas Food Bank encourages community involvement and offers volunteer opportunities to individuals who want to make a difference. Volunteers can engage in sorting food, creating meal boxes, and organizing supplies for various programs. By volunteering their time and skills, individuals contribute to the fight against hunger and nurture the community.
Donations play a vital role in supporting the Southeast Texas Food Bank’s mission. A donation of $10 can provide up to 30 meals to individuals facing food insecurity. By making a monetary contribution, individuals and organizations can help alleviate hunger and provide hope to those in need. Donations of recyclable food products are welcome at the Food Bank as well, which directly support their efforts to combat hunger and build a stronger, more resilient community.
The Southeast Texas Food Bank is at the forefront of the fight against hunger in Southeast Texas. Through their vision, mission, and comprehensive services, they strive to alleviate the effects of chronic hunger, ensuring that individuals and families have access to nutritious food. By becoming a volunteer or making a donation, individuals can actively contribute to their mission and nurture the communities they serve. Together, we can create a future where hunger is eradicated, and everyone in Southeast Texas thrives.
Address: 3845 S. ML King Jr. Parkway
Beaumont, Texas, 77705-4114
Social Media Links:
Contact Us to get or offer help!
- Monday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday Day Off
- Sunday Day Off